Background

Friday, October 15, 2010

My first wedding mini!


I finally did it. For me it was the most difficult mini i made. Somehow it didn't work, but in the end it all came together.


When our friends told us that the where gona get maried i asked them what the would like to have as a gift on there wedding day and the asked me for a wedding mini. I had all these great ideas in my head and felt all excited. But then i asked them what the had in mind, the wanted it chunky just like my haloween one, well that's whas no problem either. But then they told me the theme color of the wedding was hot pink. So I wanted an album full with pockets booklets and spaces to write and put photos. So the search for paper started, I tried to get the DCWV Be Mine collection but did not get it. Then after a long search I found some little yellow bicycle papers from the love letters collection and some papers from papermania the confetti stack. As a base I had a Bo bunny album in black and two acrylic pages for the front and back. Then I lost it all, I had the papers and the album but couldn’t figure out how I wanted it, it just didn’t work. All the ideas I had where for a complete different album wich wouldn’t be how they would like it to be.

But on the last Sunday before the wedding I told myself I had to do it that day so I sat down at my table and just played around and after my 3rd coffee it all came, I worked on different pages at the time and almost finished it that that day. The rest I finished on Wednesday, the day before the wedding. I wish I had some prima’s and some pearls swirls to use, but could not find them, and the ones that I did find were so expensive I couldn’t afford them. The same about the ribbons, I would have loved to use the ones that look like flowers with the pearls but could not get them, so I made it with what I had and this is what I made. The loved it…..
But I was really scared to give it, what if they hadn’t like it…..and somehow it became like a part of me.


























































































































1 comment:

  1. wow Gina this is so elegant!I love the colour combinations!!Well done!

    ReplyDelete